There are many factors that affect the appearance of our breasts, some of which we can control more than others. The aging process is blamed most often for the sagging that women’s breasts can take on. Whatever the cause, breasts that sag and droop can have a negative impact on your confidence and your everyday living. Identifying the reason for your undesirable breast changes can help you decide whether a breast lift in Lubbock is the right procedure for you. When your breasts just don’t look the way they used to, some of the causes could include the following:
- Genetics – There is nothing we can do about our genes, but they are the biggest factor in the appearance of your breasts. Genetics affect breast tissue density, skin tone, and even the shape of your breast.
- Age – The aging process is constant. Hormone levels, skin tone, and muscles change with age and have an effect on our appearance whether we like it or not.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding – A woman’s body is undeniably and permanently changed with pregnancy and breastfeeding. Many women have stretched nipples and areolas after having children. The breasts often become deflated and can have significant sagging.
- Weight fluctuations – Significant changes in weight can drastically impact your breast volume and leave your breasts sagging and stretched looking.
- Lifestyle – Lifestyle choices, such as smoking or exercise, can have either negative or positive effects on the appearance of your breasts.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift?
For any type of plastic surgery, you should be in good health and have realistic goals for the outcome of your procedure. If you are a woman whose breasts have significant sagging or drooping, you may be a good candidate for a breast lift. Lubbock women whose nipples point downward and have large areolas may also benefit from the procedure. If you are unsure whether your breasts qualify for a lift, a simple test can help point you in the right direction – and all you need is a pencil. Place the pencil horizontally under the crease of your breast. Does it stay there when you let go? If so, your breasts may have significant sagging that could be corrected with a breast lift. Consult with your doctor about your concerns and your goals to know for sure whether plastic surgery is the right choice for you.
Benefits of a Breast Lift in Lubbock
While there are many things affecting our breasts that are out of our control, plastic surgery offers ways to improve and refresh your appearance. A breast lift, or mastopexy, can restore the youthful and perky look of your breasts. By tightening loose skin and reshaping breast tissue, the procedure can reduce the sagging of your breasts. If your areolas are larger and stretched from previous pregnancies, a breast lift will decrease their size and reposition your nipples to an upward position with forward projection.
Breasts that are asymmetrical can gain a more identical look with the help of a breast lift. Lubbock patients can also choose to have their procedure done in combination with breast augmentation or a breast reduction. A breast lift can improve the way your clothing fits and allow you to wear sundresses, tank tops, or even go braless if you choose. You may also find improvement in your posture, as you stand a little straighter without the heaviness of sagging breasts weighing you down. With all of the benefits of a breast lift, Lubbock patients will find renewed confidence as they enjoy their newly enhanced appearance.
Breast Lift Results: How Long Will They Last?
Part of your decision making process about having a breast lift should include consideration about the longevity of your breast lift results. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery says that the results of a breast lift are long-lasting but not considered permanent. Your body type with its unique skin texture and thickness gives every patient individual results. Your doctor should thoroughly explain the procedure and what you can expect in terms of your results. The suggestions below can help you get the most out of your breast lift.
- Before having a breast lift, Lubbock patients should have a stable, healthy weight for the procedure to have longer-lasting results.
- Consider waiting to have a breast lift in Lubbock until after you are finished having children. You should still be able to breastfeed after the procedure, but additional pregnancies can diminish your results.
- Wearing a quality, well-fitted bra is an easy way to fight against the forces of nature. Your breasts will naturally start to sag if you choose not to wear a bra for long periods of time or when participating in vigorous exercise.
Rejuvenate Your Breasts With Rowley Plastic Surgery
Dr. Jane Rowley has been helping women improve the appearance of their breasts for more than 20 years. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Rowley carefully listens to your cosmetic goals, discusses your options, and clearly explains the expectations of your surgery. Schedule your no-obligation consultation today to learn more about the options available to rejuvenate your breasts and to discover your cosmetic possibilities.