How a woman feels about her breasts can have a great impact on the way she feels about herself. Adding volume to the breasts allows many women to feel more satisfied with their appearance, which has a positive effect on their confidence. Whether you have just begun looking into breast augmentation in Lubbock or have been thinking about it for a long time, it is important to have clear expectations about the entire process before you decide to go through with it.
Choosing the Right Implant
Understanding the differences between the various types of breast implants is key when deciding which one is right for you. Below are some of the main factors that may impact your decision.
- Filled with sterile salt water (saline)
- Body safely absorbs saline in case of rupture
- Implant rupture is easily detectable by just looking in the mirror
- Feel similar to a water balloon; no real structure
- Can be susceptible to wrinkling or rippling
- FDA-approved for women 18 and older
Silicone Gel Implants
- Filled with silicone gel
- If the implant leaks, the body cannot absorb the silicone
- Potential for “silent rupture” – undetectable without an MRI
- Known for their natural feel and look
- FDA-approved for women 22 and older
IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implant
Advancements in technology have led to new options for women considering breast augmentation in Lubbock. The new IDEAL IMPLANT is a saline-filled implant with a structure that makes enhanced breasts feel and look natural. It’s an option that deserves a closer look for women who do not want to have to choose between the security of saline or the beauty of silicone. Other benefits include:
- Lower capsule contraction risk than silicone gel implants
- Rupture is easily detected
- No MRIs necessary for future monitoring
- Shorter incision length than silicone gel implants
What Does the Surgery Involve?
Breast augmentation is an outpatient surgery that typically takes about an hour. While you’re asleep under general anesthesia, your plastic surgeon will insert the implant you have chosen through an incision approximately two inches long. The crease of your breast will hide the future scar, so it will not be easily visible. The risk of complications is very low and any pain after your surgery can be managed through muscle relaxants or other pain relief medication.
What to Expect During Recovery
Some soreness in your chest may occur after your breast augmentation in Lubbock. A support bra should be worn during the first week. Most patients return to work within 2-3 days of surgery and to full activity by 4-6 weeks. Be careful to refrain from any heavy lifting or strenuous activity as you allow your body to heal.
There is no reason to let pregnancy, age, or genetics determine how happy you are with your breasts. Some of the important things you should consider when researching breast augmentation in Lubbock include:
- Differences between various types of implants
- Your personal expectations for results
- Understanding of the surgery and what it includes
- The timetable for recovery
If you are interested in enhancing your breasts through cosmetic surgery, call our office today to schedule a no-obligation consultation.