How to Get Natural Feeling Breast Implants in Lubbock
When considering breast implants, Lubbock women often have questions about how their new breasts will compare to natural ones. Women not only want a particular look for their implants, but they are also hopeful for results that feel like the real thing. After surgery, these women eventually stop thinking about their new breasts as implants and start considering them to be part of their breasts. Natural-feeling results from breast augmentation come from making the right choices with your surgeon before your procedure. It is important to discuss all of the following variables with your board-certified plastic surgeon to make sure you have the best chance at getting the outcome you want.
Silicone, Saline, or Structured Implants
The type of implant you choose can have a significant role in how quickly your breasts feel normal again. Softer silicone gel implants feel natural sooner following surgery than saline implants. But, you have different implants to try before you make that final decision. Your surgeon should give you the chance to feel both types of implants before making your decision.
The new IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implants are the latest in implant technology that offer the natural look and feel of silicone gel and the peace of mind of saline. Dr. Rowley is part of an exclusive network of plastic surgeons that provides this option to patients. With a structure of chambers and shells inside the implant, its saline filler can move in such a way that it gives the implant a beautiful, natural feel without any of the disadvantages of silicone gel breast implants. Lubbock patients can find out more about the IDEAL IMPLANT at Rowley Plastic Surgery.
Existing Breast Tissue
The more natural breast tissue you have to support the implant, the more quickly the implant will blend with your body and convey a natural look and feel. During your breast augmentation consultation, your plastic surgeon will assess the amount of available breast tissue to give you an idea of how the implants will look on your body.
Breast Implant Size
The larger the implant, the longer it may take to feel like part of your natural breast. Some breast implants in Lubbock may be so large that they will never quite obtain that feel. If your goal is to simply augment what you already have and gain or regain some shape, then you should be careful with the size. A natural look is most often achieved when body proportions are kept in balance.
Breast Implant Placement: Under or Over the Muscle
If you do not have enough breast tissue to cover the implant, it must be placed under the chest muscle. This type of placement requires time for the muscle to stretch and thin out. In general, implant placement beneath the muscle tends to look more like natural breasts and less like breast implants. Lubbock women are all different, so this will not be the right placement for every body type. Women with limited natural breast tissue find that placement under the muscle is necessary. A natural look and feel can also be obtained for implants placed above the muscle.
Breast Implants Above the Muscle
Implants placed below the breast tissue but above the chest muscle are called subglandular or subfascial. Some things to consider about this type of placement include:
- Typically less invasive than below the muscle breast implants in Lubbock
- Quicker recovery because the muscle stays intact
- No distortion from flexing muscles
- No size limitation due to limited space under the muscle
- Breast implants can be placed closer together providing more cleavage
- More likely to have visible rippling of the implant
- Less support for the implant putting it at risk of dropping over time
- More likely to cause stretch marks and blemishes
- More difficult to mammogram
Breast Implants Under the Muscle
Placement under the muscle is often referred to as subpectoral. Here are some things you should know about this placement:
- Less risk of folds or ripples in the implant becoming visible
- More tissue covering and protecting the breast implants
- Less risk of firmness or capsular contracture
- Longer recovery period
- Interference with some physical activities like push-ups or weight lifting
- Potential for visible flexing of the muscle over the breast implants
- Higher-positioned implants can look unnatural
What Can You Do?
Apart from the psychological and physical aspects to owning their breast implants, Lubbock women can take control and do some things on their own to contribute to a natural feel.
- Massage: deep massage to the breast implants, especially early after the surgery are important. While this is not the most comfortable thing following surgery, it is important to work the surrounding tissue, helping it feel supple and natural. And if your implant is under your chest muscle, this can help that muscle stretch and relax as well.
- The Right Surgeon: select a surgeon who truly knows how to give you more natural results. Choosing a doctor certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery will significantly increase your likelihood of achieving your desired results.
- Patience: a natural feel can take from two to nine months post-surgery to obtain. Be patient with your body. Take care of your new body, and give it the time it needs to become yours in both look and feel.
Achieving Natural Breast Augmentation Results in Lubbock
There are no right or wrong choices when it comes to your breast implants. Lubbock patients should take their surgical consultation as an opportunity to review all of their options and discuss the right fit for their body type and personal goals. At Rowley Plastic Surgery, you will find that board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jane Rowley uses her expertise and experience to help each of her patients make the best decisions for their plastic surgery experience. Contact us today to schedule your no-obligation consultation and explore your cosmetic options.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!