Your breasts have more of an impact on your physical and emotional well-being than you may realize. Feeling satisfied with the appearance of your breasts will help you feel more confident in your overall appearance and in your everyday life. Women with overly large breasts, however, may suffer from discomfort because of the heavy weight they carry. A large chest can cause neck, back, and shoulder pain, as well as other painful symptoms. The psychological toll of burdensome breasts can also be a disadvantage for women. Feeling like their chest draws too much attention can make them feel uncomfortable anytime they go out in public. These women often live for years, or even their entire lives, accepting and dealing with the pain and discomfort caused by their breasts. While it’s great to love the bodies we were given, that doesn’t mean we should not change the things that bother us. Whether it is with a breast reduction in Lubbock or by non-surgical methods, a smaller cup size might just be all you need to feel like a new and improved version of yourself.
Lubbock Breast Reduction Without Scars
If you are ready to live free of the limitations imposed by your large breasts, breast reduction (also known as reduction mammoplasty) is a procedure that can help. But, plastic surgery is not for everyone. Some women may be able to achieve the size they want without the risks of having an operation. If you want to reduce the size of your breasts without having major surgery, there are some things you can try.
- Diet: Since breasts are made mostly of fat, losing weight is one way to shrink them without ever having to go under the knife. Take a minute to think about what you eat on a daily basis. Do most of your calories come from nutritious foods like fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and other protein? If not, your diet could be contributing to your dissatisfaction with your breast size. Sometimes making simple changes in the foods we eat can have a significant impact on our appearance, including our breasts.
- Exercise: Developing a habit of exercising regularly can help you lose weight, which may also lead to a decrease in the size of your breasts without surgical Lubbock breast reduction. Focus on whole-body workouts that incorporate cardio to burn more fat. Pushups and chest exercises may seem like they will target the fat on your breasts, but they could end up making them look even more bulky with additional muscle build-up. Swimming, jogging, and even walking are effective and healthy ways to get moving, and eventually achieve breast reduction in Lubbock.
- New Bras: Have you heard that 8 out of every 10 women are wearing the wrong bra size? Whether that’s true for you or not, the bra you wear can change the look of your breasts dramatically. For women with large breasts, there are supportive and comfortable bras that help clothing fit and look much more flattering. Buying new bras will not provide a permanent solution, but they do offer a cheap and easy way to make your breasts look smaller.
- Hormonal Help: Estrogen is a hormone that helps the body create breast tissue. Birth control that contains estrogen may cause some women’s breasts to increase in size. Talk to your doctor about contraceptive methods that do not contain estrogen to be sure your hormonal intake is not contributing to your large breasts.
- Liposuction: While it is considered plastic surgery, liposuction is an alternative way to achieve Lubbock breast reduction with minimal scars. The procedure involves inserting a small tube into fatty tissue and suctioning it out to reduce breast size. With the removal of excess fat in the breasts, your chest will feel naturally lifted and lighter and you can begin to enjoy a more comfortable size.
Surgical Breast Reduction in Lubbock
Although the above methods may help make your breasts appear smaller, some of them can take time to provide the results you want. The effects are not permanent, like they would be with plastic surgery. Those methods also cannot change the shape of your breasts. Reduction mammoplasty is the permanent, surgical option for reducing and reshaping the breasts. During the procedure, your plastic surgeon will make incisions in your breasts and remove excess skin and fat to obtain the desired size. Your nipple and areola will be moved to a higher position to maintain symmetry and provide a lift. The surgery takes approximately 2 hours, and recovery may require 10 to 14 days off work. Having surgery isn’t a fun thing to do, but the results can be more than worth the small sacrifice. 98 percent of RealSelf members who have had breast reduction say the procedure is “worth it”, and Dr. Rowley’s patients who have breast reduction in Lubbock are some of her happiest clients.
Choose Lubbock’s Best Breast Reduction Surgeon
Loving your body is important, but that can be hard to do when overly large breasts cause you pain and discomfort. If you have tried to lose weight or make other changes without successfully reducing your breast size, plastic surgery is a safe, effective way to attain those results. Dr. Jane Rowley has been performing Lubbock breast reduction for over two decades, and she has a passion for helping her patients achieve their cosmetic goals. When you are ready to pursue plastic surgery for a more manageable breast size, contact our office to schedule a no-obligation consultation.