Liposuction: the Versatile Plastic Surgery in Lubbock
The words “plastic surgery” seem to bring up a variety of emotions. Some people may feel pride or excitement, while others feel anxious or uncertain about the topic. If you fall into the latter group, you’re not alone. But cosmetic surgery does not have to be intimidating. While all surgery has recovery time and some risks, you have many different options at Rowley Plastic Surgery in Lubbock that give you dramatic cosmetic changes without the feeling of major surgery. Have you considered liposuction? On the right patient, liposuction can have an incredible effect on your body contour. Your new look will be so natural that your friends may assume you look slim because you’ve lost a few extra pounds. Have you ever heard that dynamite comes in small packages? With small cosmetic surgery procedures can result in dynamite improvements to your physical appearance.
How Does Liposuction Work?
Liposuction is for people who have areas of stubborn fat on their bodies that resist continued efforts in diet and exercise. The procedure targets these specific spots and gets rid of excess fat. For smaller areas of fat, liposuction is done during an outpatient appointment with the use of local anesthetics. Larger areas that cover more of the body may require general anesthesia. Small incisions are made, and a thin tube (called a cannula) is used to suction out the fat. The timeframe for recovery is fairly rapid as most people can return to work after 2-3 days; however, minor to moderate pain and swelling can last 4-6 weeks.
Your Options for Liposuction
We are our own worst critics – when we look in the mirror, we notice even the smallest areas of our body and focus on our imperfections. Liposuction is a great way to help improve the contour of your body. It is important for patients considering liposuction in Lubbock to remember that it is not a weight loss surgery, but the changes it makes can have a significant impact on your overall look.
- Torso – Your body may be the type that holds onto pockets of fat around the back and upper torso. These fat pockets can be more visible when accentuated by bras or swimming suits.
- Jawline – Your jaw and neck can show signs of aging, and pockets of fat around the chin can give you the dreaded double chin. Dr. Jane Rowley has precision skills and tools to sculpt and slim your jawline, chin, and upper neck. This reshaping can take years off your appearance and give you an overall slimmer look.
- Breasts – A traditional breast reduction will remove breast tissue and fat to decrease your breast size. Liposuction can reduce breast weight and size by removing fatty tissue when only a small change is wanted with minimal scars.
- Outer Thighs – The outer thighs are a common area for women to store extra fat. Even women with slim body frames can develop a thickness around their thighs and buttocks. With liposuction, the hips and thighs can be made more narrow.
- Male Chest – Just as women find new freedom and confidence in a breast reduction, men are finding the same satisfaction through the reshaping of their chests. Gynecomastia, or the development of breasts in a man, can stem from hormonal changes throughout life. Liposuction can offer men a firmer, trimmer chest and torso.
Areas to Avoid
If your problem area is not included in the list above, don’t panic. Your surgeon should be able to communicate clearly with you about whether your needs can be met with liposuction, or perhaps through another type of plastic surgery in Lubbock. From experience, Dr. Rowley knows which areas will respond best to the procedure. She explains,
“Areas that do not do well are typically the inner thighs, the abdomen (especially after pregnancy), and the arms. It is important that patients do not view this as a weight loss tool. It is for localized areas of fat and it can give exceptional and dramatic results if used on the right patient in the right areas.”
Are You a Candidate for Liposuction?
Liposuction is an attractive cosmetic option for people who struggle with stubborn areas of fat on their bodies. When you’re unhappy with your figure and you feel like diet and exercise just aren’t cutting it, it might be time to consider plastic surgery in Lubbock. The procedure might be right for you if:
- You are in good health
- You do not smoke (or can stop smoking before and after the procedure)
- You can maintain a stable, consistent weight
- You are within 30% of your ideal weight
- You have good skin elasticity
- You have reasonable expectations for results
Consult with your board-certified plastic surgeon to learn how you could benefit from liposuction in Lubbock and how your skin would respond to the procedure.
The Trusted Name for Plastic Surgery in Lubbock
Even if you are targeting one small area of your body with liposuction, it still will have an incredible impact on your confidence in your physical appearance. Dr. Rowley has extensive experience with plastic surgery procedures. She carefully listens to her patients and explains each procedure thoroughly. You can have confidence in your new look, your plastic surgeon, and your plastic surgery experience with Dr. Rowley. Call today for your no-obligation consultation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!