From Tummy Tucks to Breast Implants: Lubbock Mommy Makeovers Boost Confidence
If you are past your childbearing years and find yourself avoiding mirrors or feeling dissatisfied with your body, a mommy makeover may be right for you. “Mommy makeover” is a popular phrase used to describe the surgical work to correct the common physical changes that can occur during and following a pregnancy. Most often this includes procedures for your breasts and abdomen to lift, tighten, and tuck where needed. The overall goal for patients seeking a mommy makeover is to rejuvenate areas that were hit hard by the tolls of pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
You probably know someone who has had a mommy makeover. Combining plastic surgeries to correct physical problems caused by having children isn’t a new idea. The generation of mothers having the procedures done may just be more open to talking about it— making the whole concept of plastic surgery less taboo. They understand that the goals of cosmetic surgery are less about vanity and more about building self-confidence.
Don’t Need Breast Implants? Lubbock Has Other Options
Mothers rarely make it past pregnancy and breastfeeding without significant changes to their breasts. Women who once were happy with their breasts are left with nothing but flaps of skin. Other women find their breasts to be a source of discomfort as they have increased in size. Whatever effect motherhood has had on your breasts, there are several options that can be combined in different ways to meet your specific needs.
- Breast Lift: after nursing for months or even years, breasts can look deflated, saggy, and begin to point downward.. A mommy makeover with a breast lift can remove excess skin, shift the location of the nipple, and reduce the size of the areola. The breasts are “lifted” to better shape and position to allow the breasts to sit higher and to provide more outward projection.
- Breast Implants: Lubbock women who experience a significant loss of breast volume after nursing may find augmentation to be the best option to increase breast size. Implants can be paired with a breast lift if the breasts droop or sag significantly.
- Breast Reduction: Some women find that as a result of pregnancy hormones and nursing that their breasts have increased in size, often resulting in discomfort. Your mommy makeover may include a breast reduction to return to a more comfortable size and shape. A reduction can also be done in tandem with a breast lift.
Procedures for the Body
Many of the changes that occur to women’s bodies as they bear children heal over time, but some do not. Bellies that have stretched and muscles that have been separated to fit another human often will not shrink back to pre pregnancy size on their own. As part of your mommy makeover in Lubbock, you may want to consider whether the following procedures could make a difference for you on your personal road to recovery.
- Liposuction: When you get the green light from your doctor after childbirth, getting back to your normal workout routine can feel so invigorating. Setting goals and working off the baby weight will do wonders for your health, but it can be frustrating when those efforts don’t do anything for fatty trouble spots on your body. Liposuction gives you a shapely body contour by targeting those areas by suctioning out the fat that exercise can’t touch.
- Tummy Tuck: Women who’ve had children seek this procedure because it gets rid of loose, hanging belly skin and excess fat. Abdominal muscles that become separated and weak during pregnancy are tightened during a tummy tuck as well. The result is a flatter, firmer-looking tummy and a slimmer, more confident mommy.
Expected Recovery Time
The more procedures you include in your mommy makeover, the more dramatic the changes will be to your body. With each added procedure there will be added recovery time as well as added risks. If they are just getting breast implants, Lubbock women will have a shorter recovery period than those who opt for multiple surgeries. Every patient handles pain and healing differently. The average recovery time for a mommy makeover is three to four weeks. You will need to have help with family responsibilities and household jobs while you recover from your surgery. The longer you can give your body to recover, the better your healing will go.
The New You
When you are finished having children and want to give some attention to your personal appearance, a mommy makeover in Lubbock can help. You don’t have to live with saggy breasts, hanging belly skin, stretch marks, or stubborn fat on your hips. A mommy makeover can help you get back to feeling and looking your best. With any plastic surgery procedure, it is important to consult with your doctor and discuss your expectations, learn as much as you can about what will happen during and after the surgery, and have a post-surgery plan figured out. For everything from liposuction to breast implants, Lubbock trusts Dr. Jane Rowley because she has the experience and the skills to achieve each of her patients’ unique goals. Come in today to meet her caring staff and schedule your consultation appointment.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!