Moms plan themed birthday parties, school fundraisers, and class field trips. There’s no telling how many hours of their lives they spend on meal planning and dinner prep. But how much time have you actually dedicated to planning something that’s just for you? If you just haven’t felt like yourself since having children, a mommy makeover in Lubbock can help you regain confidence in your appearance. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can permanently change your body, but with plastic surgery you don’t have to live with those changes forever. Getting your breasts and tummy back after becoming a mother may take a little planning, but the end results will be more than worth your effort. Here are some things to think about as you prepare for your procedures.
Choose the Best Surgeon
The best thing you can do when planning your mommy makeover in Lubbock is to choose the right plastic surgeon. It is important to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon with enough experience and skill to create the look you want for yourself. Having a doctor who understands and cares about your concerns, expectations, and comfort will make all the difference. To find the right doctor, you will need to do your homework. The first thing you need to be certain of is that your surgeon is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Look at their before and after photo galleries. Read and learn all you can about them, including their patient reviews and their bio section on their website. An experienced, highly trained, skilled plastic surgeon will be able to give you the results you want and provide the best possible care.
Have the Right Mindset
Some women worry about the discomfort involved with having multiple plastic surgeries at once, and no one knows true pain as a mother does. The woes of pregnancy, hours of labor and delivery, and all the changes your body goes through make moms some of the toughest people out there. Here’s the good news: when it comes to having a mommy makeover in Lubbock, women who’ve had children can rest assured that they’ve been through worse.
Every woman’s body is unique, as is her tolerance for pain. For example, a tummy tuck might have you feeling sore for several weeks whereas your friend may be back to normal after just a week or two of rest. A lot depends on what kind of health you are in before you have your mommy makeover in Lubbock. If you take good care of yourself, your body will likely respond better to the changes you make.
A mommy makeover in Lubbock is meant to help women repair the effects on their bodies of pregnancy and childbirth. While almost everything a mom does is for her children or other people, this is something she does for herself. Remembering that the pain of recovery will be very temporary and that the results will be long-lasting will help you to tolerate any discomfort much more easily.
Get Help for Your Recovery
The word ‘surgery’ isn’t usually thrown around lightly. When someone says they are going to have surgery, friends and family bring casseroles and care for children. But when it comes to getting a mommy makeover in Lubbock, some women may feel less inclined to ask for help because they may want to keep their surgery private. Whether they are for cosmetic purposes or not, when you undergo multiple surgeries, it is no time to shy away from requesting help from others.
You will need someone to drive you home after your surgery and stay with you for at least the first 24 hours. If you have little ones, plan to have someone help you take care of them for the first week or more, depending on which procedures you have done. Talk to your doctor about your specific recovery plan so that you can anticipate what things you’ll need help doing.
Decide Which Procedures You Want
You may already be well aware of the areas on your body you would like to improve, but do you know which procedures will give you the best results? If you have sagging breasts, your plastic surgeon can help you figure out if you would benefit more from a breast lift or augmentation. If unwanted belly fat is an issue, your surgeon can offer guidance as to whether a tummy tuck or liposuction is your best option. No two surgical plans look just alike, but most women choose a combination of the following procedures for their mommy makeover in Lubbock:
- Breast Augmentation: It’s the most popular plastic surgery in America for a reason; women (including moms) want fuller breasts. Pregnancy and nursing are known for having a deflating effect on the breasts. Placing implants in the breasts restores and enhances their volume. Breast augmentation is a customizable procedure with options for implant types, shapes, sizes and placement.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift, or mastopexy, is a procedure that rejuvenates sagging breasts. Breasts that sag or droop significantly are lifted with the removal of excess skin. The nipple and areola are also moved upward to provide a perky, youthful look to the breasts.
- Breast Reduction: Some women experience an unwanted addition of volume to their breasts after bearing children. It may sound like a good problem to have, but women with large breasts can suffer from neck, back, and shoulder pain. If you choose breast reduction as part of your mommy makeover in Lubbock, it will alleviate discomfort and bring the bust down to a more manageable size.
- Tummy Tuck: As a classic mommy makeover surgery known for its dramatic results, a tummy tuck can give you a flat, smooth stomach. Pregnancy stretches the abdomen and for the typical mother, the belly never looks the same again. A tummy tuck tightens abdominal muscles and gets rid of excess skin around the midsection.
- Liposuction: Liposuction can achieve great results on its own, or it can complement a tummy tuck by smoothing out the body contour even further. It is common for mothers to struggle with stubborn fat in places like the hips and thighs, and liposuction can turn those problem areas into attractive feminine contours.
Learn What to Expect from Your Mommy Makeover in Lubbock
A mommy makeover is not something that can be done in your doctor’s office using local anesthesia. It involves procedures that are considered to be major surgeries because they require general anesthesia and prescription pain medication, and there is some degree of disability during the early stages of recovery. There will be scars, and the shape of your body will have permanently changed. It is important to know that risks (although they remain low) do increase because a mommy makeover in Lubbock means having more than one type of surgery at once. The time your body needs to recover will also increase.
Knowing what to expect with your mommy makeover in Lubbock can be the key to feeling calm and comfortable throughout the process. Keep in mind that the breast and body operations that make up a mommy makeover are routine procedures with a very high satisfaction rating. And, when you are happy with the way you look, you become a more confident person.
Plan Your Consultation
Dr. Jane Rowley is a board-certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience helping patients achieve their cosmetic goals. She cares about her patients and will take the time to discuss your procedure so you can be well informed and know exactly how to plan for it. Dr. Rowley will candidly talk you through everything you need to know. Whether you are having one or multiple procedures, you can trust you are in good hands at Rowley Plastic Surgery. If you’re considering a mommy makeover in Lubbock, call today for your no-obligation consultation.