With spring break behind us and summer on its way, it’s time to think about vacation ideas and activities for the hot months ahead. If the fun includes the beach, pool, or even just exercise, some women have to take extra consideration because of their large breasts. It can be hard to find clothing and swimwear that are comfortable and flattering if your chest overpowers your frame. Not only are large breasts difficult to dress, many women have breasts that are large enough to make swimming, active sports, and summer activities nearly impossible. Overly large breasts should not have to get in the way of your life; if they do, it may be time to consider a breast reduction in Lubbock.
How Does Breast Reduction Work?
Women who have plastic surgery to reduce the size of their breasts are some of the most satisfied patients at Rowley Plastic Surgery. After carrying the extra chest weight and enduring unwanted stares for so long, these women experience immediate relief after their procedure. During a breast reduction, Lubbock Dr. Jane Rowley will remove excess skin and breast tissue to create a more natural, youthful shape. The breasts also receive a lift and the nipple and areola are moved to a higher position with more forward projection. Your recovery timetable depends on the original size of your breasts, but most patients need to take 10 to 14 days off work. Returning to all of your normal activities, including exercise, may take up to 6 weeks.
Candidates for Breast Reduction
You are a good candidate for a breast reduction in Lubbock if you feel that your breasts are too large or if your breasts limit your physical activity. If you experience back, neck, and shoulder pain because your breasts are extremely heavy, you may also want to consider this procedure. Often if you have shoulder indentations from bra straps, or your skin gets irritated easily underneath the crease of your breasts, then you would also make an excellent candidate for a breast reduction. Lubbock women can take the following steps to prepare for their breast reduction procedure.
Preparing for Your Breast Reduction
- Stop taking any aspirin or certain anti-inflammatory drugs that lead to increased bleeding.
- If you smoke, quit smoking at least 6 weeks before surgery and for 6 weeks after to give your body its best chance of healing.
- If you drink alcohol, limit your intake to less than 2 to 3 drinks per week.
- Prepare easy, low-sodium meals beforehand so you won’t have to worry about cooking post-surgery.
- Store any necessary items you’ll need afterward in an easily accessible location. Don’t place things too high or too low as they will be hard to get to.
- Make a pile of good books to read, movies to watch, or a stack of things that you enjoy doing in your leisure time that doesn’t require a lot of motion.
- If you have young children, assign someone to care for them for 1 to 2 weeks after surgery. You must not do any laundry, cleaning, or cooking after a breast reduction in Lubbock.
Benefits of a Breast Reduction
Some of the happiest plastic surgery patients are those who have breast reduction. They literally understand what it means to have a heavy weight lifted off their chests. Women who have breast reductions experience new opportunities with exercise and sports. They feel they are able to stand a little taller with a restored self-confidence. If you struggle with the daily challenge of living with breasts that are too large, consider the benefits a breast reduction in Lubbock offers.
- Physical: Losing the excess weight of larger breast can reduce chronic back and neck pain. Some women with larger breasts suffer from sore shoulders from bra strap strains. The constant pull of the weight of larger breasts can affect your posture and ability to move adequately when exercising. Reducing breast tissue and removing excess skin will help reduce the occurrence of skin rashes under the breasts and give patients greater mobility.
- Emotional: When you feel like you are only being noticed because of your breast size or feel limited to the sports activities you can participate in, you can quickly feel self-conscious or limited with what you can be or do. Our physical appearances can have a powerful effect on our emotional well-being.
For Breast Reduction, Lubbock Women Trust Dr. Rowley
Before swimsuit season, a breast reduction can give you the freedom to be ready to participate in all the fun summer activities. Large breasts do not have to keep you from enjoying your life and feeling confident in your own skin. If you have chronic pain or feel self-conscious because of your large breasts, you can consult with Dr. Rowley to learn more about the benefits of breast reduction plastic surgery. Dr. Rowley talks to all of her patients thoroughly about each procedure, how to prepare for it, and what results to expect. Contact Rowley Plastic Surgery today to schedule your personal no-obligation consultation to learn how a breast reduction could change your life.