5 Reasons Why Exercising Might Not be Working for You
If you’ve hit the local Lubbock gym or the yoga mat repeatedly, done countless crunches, and spent who-knows-how-long planking, and it just simply doesn’t touch that pooch above your belt, you’re certainly not alone.
Here are some of the reasons that exercise might not be hitting the spot, and for some of these categories, a Mommy Makeover may be the answer to helping you achieve your goals.
- You’re Getting Older— As much as we hate it, getting older changes all sorts of things, including our metabolism and hormones. Both of these changes cause exercise to impact our bodies differently than it used to.
- Those Foods Aren’t as Healthy as You Think— Advertisers do a great job of convincing us that unhealthy foods are great for our bodies, just so that we’ll buy them. Even moderately healthy foods eaten in excess can add up, so if you find that you’re munching mindlessly, try putting away the snacks–even the “healthy” ones. Processed foods are also a big culprit for this category, so keep an eye on food labels for MSGs, hidden sugars, and other concerning ingredients. And watch your quantity along with quality.
- Don’t Compare— Your partner may be losing weight more rapidly with the same diet and exercise plan. It could be genetics, but it could also be gender. Men and women store and burn fat differently, so don’t be surprised if you lose weight differently as well.
- Right Idea, Wrong Exercise— While exercise, in general, is good for your health, if you’re looking for specific results in weight loss or body toning, you might not be doing the right exercises to achieve your goals. Cardio workouts, like a daily jog, should be paired with weight training. Getting a personal trainer to help tailor your exercises to your goals can help you be more effective in your workouts.
- Medications Can Create and Uphill Battle— If you have an underlying medical condition or you are taking a medication that increases your body fat, exercise alone may not give you your desired results. There are many medical conditions that can result in weight gain or bloating. Having regular physicals and consulting a doctor in times of concern are vital for ensuring your body is prepared for and can sustain exercise.
If you think you have a healthy diet and the right exercise routine, but you’re still not seeing results, a Mommy Makeover may be an option for you to achieve your body image goals. A tummy tuck and liposuction may be the only way to change the stretched skin and pooch caused by a pregnancy that exercise will never touch. If you think you’re a candidate for a Mommy Makeover, call our Lubbock office today.