Understanding Your Options for a Breast Reduction in Lubbock
Plastic surgery can do so much more than improve your appearance. It can boost confidence and, in some cases, it can even help you feel better physically. Women with oversized breasts often suffer from upper body pain because of the heavy load they constantly carry. If you deal with unpleasant symptoms caused by your large bust, a breast reduction in Lubbock can improve your quality of life because you will no longer limited by the size of your breasts. Of course, you will look better after the surgery, but the benefits go far beyond what you see in the mirror.
The Ideal Candidate
Many women have large breasts, but how can you tell if you should get a breast reduction? Plastic surgery is a personal choice, but if the points below sound familiar, it might be right for you.
- You experience neck, back, or shoulder pain related to your breasts
- Bra straps dig into your shoulders
- The skin under your breasts is prone to rash or irritation
- The size of your breasts limits your ability to be active
- Your breasts are asymmetrical or not proportionate to your body
- You are in good health and have reasonable expectations
Your breast reduction in Lubbock will be performed at an office operating suite or surgicenter. The procedure lasts about two hours and requires the use of a general anesthetic. Your incisions and scars will depend on the size of the breasts and the location of the areola and nipple.
- A lollipop incision traces the outer edge of the areola and extends from the bottom of the areola to the bottom of the breast along a vertical line.
- An anchor incision is used more commonly and uses three incisions for more dramatic results. One is made around the areola, another along the breast crease, and a vertical one connecting the first two.
Dr. Rowley always performs a breast lift along with breast reduction in Lubbock. The nipple and areola are repositioned to a higher spot, making the breasts more youthful and perky. Although you will have some visible scarring, it will fade with time and will not be visible under a bikini.
Women who get breast reductions are some of the happiest plastic surgery patients because of the freedom they enjoy from pain, embarrassment, and lack of mobility. Consider talking to your doctor if you have concerns about:
- Whether you are a good candidate for breast reduction
- Providing your insurance with proper documentation about symptoms
- What surgical option works best for your needs
To find out more about how a breast reduction can help you, call our office today to schedule a no-obligation consultation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!