With swimming suit season right at its peak, you may be feeling the discouragement of a body that doesn’t quite look the way you want it to. If sit-ups just aren’t cutting it, and diet just can’t rid you of that excess flab or skin in your mid-section, abdominoplasty, commonly referred to as a tummy tuck, may be the right fit for you. A tummy tuck is much more traumatic on your body than liposuction, but also yields more impactful results.
Tummy tucks are a major surgery and should be considered carefully with lots of education and counsel from Dr. Jane Rowley to ensure it is right for you.
What to Expect Before the Surgery
- A preliminary evaluation with Dr. Jane Rowley in her Lubbock office prepares you for what to expect, as well as ensure your health and body are right for the procedure.
- Your weight should be stable. A diet healthy and sustainable is essential for a healthy recovery and lasting results.
- Nicotine can interfere with the healing process. Expect to refrain from smoking, nicotine patches, and nicotine gum for several weeks before and after the surgery.
What to Expect on the Day of the Surgery
- Surgery is done with general anesthetics. You will need a driver to take you home.
- Depending on how extensive your surgery is, it can take anywhere from one to five hours.
What to Expect After the Surgery
- You should not spend your first night alone, make sure you have someone to help you throughout the night.
- Your incision will be stitched and bandaged. It is important that you follow Dr. Rowley’s specific care instructions to ensure a healthy recovery.
- Moving will be tough during your recovery. Plan on wearing loose-fitting, comfortable clothing. Make sure your phone is in reach if you need it. A hand-held shower head and bathroom chair are ideal.
- Plan for several weeks of recovery, and take off plenty of time from work for an uninterrupted recovery time. Too much activity following the surgery before you are completely healed can complicate your recovery. Give you body the time it needs to rest and heal.
Meet with Dr. Jane Rowley in her Lubbock office and get the details that are right for your body and your goals so that you can have a happy and healthy experience with your plastic surgery. Schedule your consultation today.