Confidence is one of the most attractive qualities a person can have. People who have a healthy love for themselves have a way of drawing others in and enjoying those relationships more. Of course, confidence is more than just skin-deep; but there’s no denying that feeling good about how you look has a significant impact on how you think of yourself as a whole. If your breasts cause you to feel self-conscious about your appearance, several options can help, including breast augmentation in Lubbock. Whether you feel your breasts are too big, too small, or any size in between, plastic surgery can boost your confidence and enhance your inner and outer beauty.
Why Breast Augmentation?
Celebrities are not the only ones getting breast implants. Women of many different backgrounds, ages, sizes, and shapes choose breast augmentation as a way to add volume to their breasts. Some are mothers who want to restore the look of their breasts that have changed after pregnancy. Others feel uncomfortable with their asymmetrical breasts. Many women are unhappy with the size of their bust because it seems out of proportion with the rest of their bodies. All of these concerns can be addressed with breast augmentation in Lubbock. Other benefits of breast augmentation include:
- Overall safety of the procedure. Breast augmentation is a safe, routine surgery with low risk of complications for healthy patients.
- Variety of options. Patients can choose from a variety of implant shapes and sizes to fit their personal preferences. Implants are filled with either saline or silicone gel.
- Quick recovery. You’ll only need two or three days to recover from breast augmentation surgery. After four-to-six weeks, most women get the green light from their doctors to resume full physical activity.
- High rate of patient satisfaction. According to RealSelf, 97 percent of women with breast implants find the surgery to be “worth it.” Breast augmentation in Lubbock has many physical, emotional, and social benefits.
Women who feel burdened by their breasts can find relief with breast reduction surgery. Overly large breasts often cause neck, back, and shoulder pain, as well as other health issues. Even if there are no related health problems, women often get tired of the unwanted stares and attention to their chests. It can also be challenging to find clothes that fit well. All of these downsides contribute to problems with self-esteem and lower quality of life. Talk to your doctor if you feel your large breasts are getting in the way of the life you want to live. Here’s how the surgery works:
- Extra skin and fat are removed through incisions made on the breast and around the areola. The type of incision you get depends on how much tissue needs to go.
- The breasts are lifted and the nipple and areola are moved up to a position that fits the new shape of the breast. The areola is often made smaller as well.
- Immediately after surgery, patients enjoy the results of having a heavy weight lifted from their chests. Complete healing takes up to six weeks, but you can go back to work after 10-14 days. Scars will be noticeable but usually fade well over time.
Cancer patients who undergo breast surgery as part of their treatment may want to pursue their options for breast reconstruction surgery. This procedure often involves the placement of breast implants and a breast lift. The goal is to rebuild the shape of the breasts to help women feel better about their bodies. If you are having a surgical cancer treatment such as a lumpectomy or mastectomy, talk to your doctors about the timing of breast reconstruction surgery. Some women have the procedures at the same time; others delay reconstruction until after they’ve had more time to heal.
Do It For You
One of the most important things when considering any cosmetic breast procedure is that you should do it for you, and no one else. Disconnect from other people’s opinions and focus on what the surgery could do for you. Will it improve your self-confidence? Will you feel better about your body in and out of clothes? Will it help you feel like yourself again? You need to be willing to ask yourself the hard questions when it comes to making any permanent changes to your body. Talk to your doctor about your hopes and expectations for results from these procedures:
- Enlarging the breasts with breast augmentation in Lubbock
- Breast reduction to make the breasts smaller and more proportionate with the rest of the body
- Breast reconstruction for cancer patients who need reshaping or rebuilding of the breasts due to treatment surgery
Confidence comes from within. It’s about loving yourself and feeling comfortable with who you are. When you feel good about the way you look, it gives you the freedom to focus on the things you care about most. For more information or a no-obligation consultation, contact Rowley Plastic Surgery today.